- Headquartered just outside Music City (Nashville) in Lebanon, Tennessee
- Founded in 1969
- Over 600 stores in more than 40 states (all U.S. locations)
Cracker Barrel provides a friendly home-away-from-home in our old country store and restaurant. Our guests are cared for like family while relaxing and enjoying real homestyle food and shopping that’s surprisingly unique, genuinely fun and reminiscent of America’s country heritage … all at a fair price.
- When our founder, Dan Evins, opened the first Cracker Barrel, he was passionate about recreating old country stores from his childhood along interstates and highways so that travelers would always have a place to stop, relax, get a good country meal and feel at home.
- Crackers used to be delivered to those old country stores in barrels, and people would congregate around them to discuss the news of the day – they were the original water coolers! Since the restaurant was meant to help people reconnect with friends and family over a good meal, it was a fitting name.
Our Food Favorites
- Momma’s Pancake Breakfast is our top seller, with three buttermilk pancakes that come with your choice of any fruit topping or 100% Pure Natural Syrup plus two eggs and your choice of smoked sausage patties, thick-sliced bacon or turkey sausage.
- When it comes to our Chicken n’ Dumplins, we start each day with chicken tenderloins that are “the best of the breast” and our own rolled by hand, made-from-scratch dumplins. Served with your choice of any three country vegetables.
- Filling and full of flavor, our Wholesome Fixin’s offer homestyle meals with a lighter twist – our Southern Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad is one of those at only 540 calories.
Our Old Country Store
- The Cracker Barrel Old Country Store provides something unique and exciting at every turn. Our wide range of product categories gives our guests the ability to find something for everyone on their list, for every occasion.
- Our best-selling retail items? Our rockers, thin sticks, and women’s apparel.
- Each Cracker Barrel location is uniquely decorated with real American artifacts, memorabilia and signage collected by a team of Americana experts.
- Each Cracker Barrel houses approximately 1,000 authentic artifacts.
Our Music Program
- Music has been a foundational part of the Cracker Barrel brand since the very beginning. Dan Evins was friends with Chet Atkins and used him in some of our first advertising spots. Evins’ own brother was a longtime band member of the Grand Ole Opry. In the early days, Cracker Barrel guests often enjoyed live music by local musicians on our front porches. It was a popular gathering spot for bluegrass pickers that wanted to play their guitars and banjos for an audience.
- While Cracker Barrel remains a standout in the industry through physical album sales, our focus is also on connecting with consumers at the intersection of music and technology through innovative ways.
- Cracker Barrel’s Spotlight Music Program gives guests an intimate brand experience by connecting them with exclusive content from their favorite artists.
- Exclusive content doesn’t stop at our deluxe albums – Cracker Barrel hosts fans and artists for meet and greets and listening lunches, offer product lines in our stores from artists and give music fans across the country access to exclusive Facebook Live concerts.
- Dolly Parton and a cappella group Pentatonix teamed up with Cracker Barrel’s Spotlight Music Program to perform a special version of Parton’s hit “Jolene.” With more than 25 million views on YouTube, it was the 2017 Grammy Award winner for Best Country Duo/Group Performance.
Our New Fast Casual Restaurant – Holler & Dash
- With four locations in three states, Holler & Dash Biscuit House is Cracker Barrel Old Country Store’s new fast casual concept.
- Its chef-inspired menu pays tribute to the South in an innovative and modern way.
- Created to extend the brand into urban cores and reach new audiences, Holler & Dash couples chef-driven recipes, fresh ingredients, and layers of flavors with the company’s beloved hospitality and charm.