- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix biscuit mix and shredded cheese together in a large bowl. Make a well in the center.
- Using a fork, stir the beaten egg into biscuit mix. Add water and mix into a stiff dough. If the dough is too dry, add 1/4 cup more water.
- Scrape dough out onto a work surface dusted with baking mix. Gather dough into a ball, kneading a few times to mix ingredients well. Sprinkle additional biscuit mix on surface as needed while you work. Dough should be stiff enough to be easy to handle.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap on your work surface and sprinkle with a little biscuit mix. Place the dough onto the plastic and roll dough into a loose rectangle at least 10x14 inches. Shape with the hands if need be. It doesn’t need to be perfect.
- Gently spread maple onion jam over the dough from edge to edge.
- Lifting one edge of the plastic wrap start rolling the dough into a tight log, jelly roll style. Once rolled up fold over edges of the plastic and place onto a biscuit pan. Chill in the freezer for 30 minutes to make cutting easier.
- Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Slice chilled biscuit logs into 1/2 inch slices and place onto the sheet pan making sure the edges are not touching. Use your hands to form slices into more perfect circles if you like.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until puffy and golden brown.
Note: Could be glazed with additional jam while hot out of the oven and sprinkled with finely chopped bacon.