- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put biscuit mix in a large bowl and whisk in instant yeast and sugar. Make a well in the center of mix.
- While stirring with a fork, drizzle the half & half and the water into the mix just until a dough forms.
- Turn dough onto a clean surface dusted lightly with more biscuit mix. Form into a ball and knead just until you have a smooth ball. Careful to not over knead or add too much biscuit mix.
- Roll or pat dough out 1 inch thick, no less. Cut with a 2 inch biscuit cutter, taking care not to “twist” as you cut. Gather up scraps, knead, pat out and use as well.
- Place biscuits about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap and let set in a warm place for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove plastic. Press a hole in the center of the biscuit with your finger. Stir the preserves. Then, put 1/4 teaspoon of raspberry preserves in the hole.
- Bake biscuits for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Dust the biscuits generously with powdered sugar before serving.
Yield: 12 to 16 biscuits.