- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk biscuit mix, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar together in a large bowl.
- Using a fork or rubber spatula, stir pumpkin butter and milk into the dry mix to make dough. If the dough is too sticky, add a little more biscuit mix. Stir in the chopped cranberries. Make sure the dough is not too dry and stiff, but soft and easy to cut.
- Scrape dough out onto a clean surface lightly dusted with more biscuit mix. Knead just until you form a smooth ball. Gently pat out into a circle about 3/4 inch thick. Cut out biscuits with a 2 inch biscuit cutter, using scraps as well.
- Place biscuits on the parchment lined pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool biscuits for 5 minutes.
- While biscuits are cooking make the orange zest glaze by stirring together powdered sugar and just enough milk to make a glaze. Stir in the orange zest.
- Drizzle glaze over the tops of the biscuits letting it run down the sides. Serve warm.
Yield: 12 to 15 biscuits