Our Approach To Food
We cook it up with quality ingredients and genuine hospitality.
Ever since we lit the first burner on the stove in 1969, it’s been our goal to offer authentic Southern hospitality, serving the very best country cooking – breakfast, lunch and dinner – to both travelers and neighbors alike.
When you sit down to enjoy our classic down-home meals, you’ll taste the difference right away. Many of our recipes are made fresh daily, and we strive to give our guests ingredients of the utmost quality, including some of the following:
- Our dumplins’ are made from scratch, rolled out with a rolling pin, hand cut, then simmered gently until tender
- We use only chicken tenderloin, “the best of the breast,” for our Chicken and Dumplins’, Chicken Salad and Fried Chicken Tenderloin
- We serve 100% USDA choice chuck roast with real mashed potatoes and gravy
- We cook Idaho Russet baked potatoes
- We use natural Colby cheese on salads, sandwiches and in our hashbrown casserole
- Our iced tea is always freshly brewed
- We use 100% inspected domestic ground beef
- We use only Grade A vegetables
- We use real buttermilk in our homemade biscuits and cornbread
We aim to keep our prices fair and our portions hearty, making our fresh takes on traditional favorites some of the best values you’ll find in any restaurant, at home or on the road. Whether you’re craving meatloaf just like Mom used to make, our savory apple dumplins or the perfect breakfast at any time of day, Cracker Barrel is happy to bring you what you want, when you want it. After all, our mission statement is Pleasing People®, and we’re looking to do just that.