At Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, our buildings are an extension of our brand.
General Contractors wishing to apply for consideration as qualified bidders for Cracker Barrel construction projects should read through all the information below. Then if interested, please complete the General Contractor’s Application Form.
Qualifications for Consideration
1. Full service restaurant construction experience is required
2. The following support documents are required and must be submitted along with the application form:
- Completed, signed and notarized AIA document A-305
- Contractor's Qualification Statement
- Complete set of current financial statements. It is preferred, but not required that these be audited.
- List of current projects in progress.
- List of references with addresses, telephone numbers and the name of the contract person. Include owners (with a focus on restaurant work), trade and bank references.
- Any additional items that you feel could be helpful, including brochures, marketing materials, testimonials, resumes of key staff members, etc.
3. A minimum of $3,000,000 general liability insurance is required. A bond may be requested.
- Relevant information concerning the Applicant Contracting Firm will be distributed to the Cracker Barrel Director of Construction and Project Managers who administer construction projects in the areas where the applicant does work.
- A final qualification will take place only at the point that the Cracker Barrel Director of Construction requests that a new contractor be qualified for an invitation to bid particular project.
- The Cracker Barrel Director of Construction selects bidders for their projects based on a criterion that is considered to be in the best interest of Cracker Barrel. The decision is completely within the discretion of the Director of Construction, whose decision is final.
General Contractor's Application
Click here for the General Contractor Application Form and Instruction Sheet.
To view and print the application, you must have Adobe Acrobat software. To download the most current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader,
- The application and summary information form are provided in PDF format. Simply print the form and complete the information.
- The application and summary information form may be mailed to Cracker Barrel with the supporting documentation, or the application and summary information form may be faxed with the hard copy original following by regular mail along with the supporting documentation.
- The applicant is required to fill out the Application Form even if the information may be found elsewhere in the attached material. Applicants failing to fill out Application Form, or who write "see attached" in the blanks, will not be considered. The Instruction Sheet must be initialed and dated, and submitted with the Application Form.
*Please note: Completion of this application should not be construed as a guarantee for an invitation to bid on a particular Cracker Barrel project, nor does it guarantee an invitation to bid on any Cracker Barrel project at anytime in the future. Cracker Barrel reserves the right to add or remove contracting firms from its pool of qualified bidders, without explanation, at its own discretion, at any time.
Information may be submitted electronically to the following EMAIL address: email@example.com